Friday, August 23, 2013

Sweet Pickle Relish

I needed to use up the LAST of my cucumbers 
before they went bad/worse.  
So I decided to make me some pickle relish!

{I Think I Can}:  Sweet Pickle Relish

SWEET PICKLE RELISH
6 quarts ground/chopped cucumber
12 medium onions, chopped
4 green peppers, chopped
2 red peppers, chopped
1 1/2 qts white vinegar
9 c. sugar
1 TBS mustard seed
1 TBS celery seed
1 TBS turmeric

Mix cucumbers, onions, and peppers together & sprinkle with 2 good handfuls of salt over top, stir.  Let stand 3 hours.  Add enough water to cover.  Let stand 10 minutes & then drain well.  Bring to boil the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed & turmeric.  Then add the cucumber mixture & return to a boil.  Can pints in hot water bath for 15 minutes.  Makes 12 pints.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
reminder to self: when halving- 
make sure to half the vinegar too! Oops.





Thanks For Stopping By!  
While You're Here, Why Don't You Leave A Comment?  
Tell Me What You Think!  
Make sure to PIN it for later too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for leaving feedback, it's always appreciated! -Rhonda