Friday, October 4, 2013

Pear Sauce

{I Think I Can}:  pear sauce

  We have 7 (SEVEN)  

  pear trees!!!!  

So I was coming up with all kinds of creative 
things to do with our pears!  6 of the trees are done now, 
and the last one is a late one-it'll be the end of October/beginning of November.

One thing I enjoy doing with them is making 
pear sauce!  
I love the flavor-it's a special treat, 
instead of apple sauce all the time!


There's really no recipe, I just cut & peel & core them.  
Place them in stockpots, and cook them down good...
(Don't add any water) 
{I Think I Can}:  pear sauce

Then I put a few at a time into the blender, and blend them all up... 
{I Think I Can}:  pear sauce

dump it all into one big bowl...(isn't that sauce so beautiful & almost WHITE!)  maybe I'm weird-
{I Think I Can}:  pear sauce

and then put them into freezer containers!   
{I Think I Can}:  pear sauce

Lessons learned: 
-Make sure the pears are not too ripe and juicy/or else the sauce will become TOO runny!
-You can also do this in a Squeezo, with some kinds of pears-I tried doing it, and ended up with pear "juice", but later discovered that it may be because I was using too ripe of pears.  So I may try this again when our last tree is ripe & use pears before they are totally ripe.  
  • If you do it that way-theres no need to seed, core & peel them, just remove the leafy thing at the bottom of pear & the stem, then cook them in stockpots & put through the Squeezo.
-Our pears are sweet enough you do not need to add sugar, but if you prefer-you can add sugar to the big bowl before putting into freezer containers!
-Like I said before, don't add water when cooking in the stockpot, just keep them stirred to prevent sticking on, but soon enough they'll start getting juicy on their own!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This was by far about the biggest 
learning experience for me this year! 
(as far as my 'produce preserving' goes anyways)  :)  
{I THINK I CAN}





Thanks For Stopping By!  
While You're Here, Why Don't You Leave A Comment?  
Tell Me What You Think!  
Make sure to PIN it for later too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for leaving feedback, it's always appreciated! -Rhonda