Friday, October 4, 2013

Taffy Apples


{I Think I Can}:  Taffy Apples/Caramel Apples

Are you ready for a really easy, 
5 ingredient
FALL LOVERS 
(I love fall by the way) 
mouth watering, 
yummyness....?

We have a VERY large & overflowing Johnathon Apple tree.  These apples are just gorgeous this year!  
When I saw them, I immediately pictured taffy apples!  
So I made some.  
I'm kind of compulsive sometimes :)

TAFFY APPLES
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 c. white corn syrup
1 c. white sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine  milk, sugar, syrup, and salt.  Cook slowly to 230 degrees.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Let set 5 minutes.  Dip apples.  Covers 10 medium apples.  I used broken in half skewers as the "sticks."

To mix it up a bit, you could sprinkle with:  mini choc chips, crushed peanuts, white choc chips, Reese's pieces...  

~One tip on making these is: you'll need a thermometer, but also it seemed to take forever to climb a few degrees @ the end...be patient, and KEEP STIRRING IT, OR ELSE IT WANTS TO START TO BURN ON!~ 


UM----YUM!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next week I'll hopefully use up more of these apples,
& be canning us up some applesauce!  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------







Thanks For Stopping By!  
While You're Here, Why Don't You Leave A Comment?  
Tell Me What You Think!  
Make sure to PIN it for later too!


I linked up this recipe with the following linky parties: 
Creations by Kara

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous that you have a jonathon apple tree. We had one growing up and I loved those apples! These taffy apples look divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! It is pretty handy to have around! :)

      Delete

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for leaving feedback, it's always appreciated! -Rhonda