Monday, July 22, 2013

Vegetable Soup in the Pressure Cooker

I got this delicious recipe from my sister in law T. Anne a few years ago, but had not used it yet.  This is our first year to have a garden, so I didn't just have a bunch of veggies laying around like I did this year.  As I thought HOW can I use all these veggies and not let them go to waste, I remembered this recipe! 

VEGETABLE SOUP
2 qt potatoes, diced (I left skins on) 
3 qts water
2 qt tomato juice
2 qt green beans
1 qt cut corn (I used up some from the freezer from last year)
2 qt diced carrots
2 c. celery, diced
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 bulb garlic  (OR approx. 5 cloves, OR 2 1/2 t. of minced garlic)
1/2 T. pepper

Boil for 15 min.  Then I added a 2.5-3 c. diced zucchini.  Put into qt jars.  Put a 1/2 t. salt per qt.  Process 55 min. @ 10 lbs pressure. (DON'T forget to set the timer!)  I forgot for the second batch.  I made a loud AArggh sound when I realized it, and Ryleigh (14 months) goes ggrrr.  Ooops, she's really starting to copy off of us!

This made 9 quarts with maybe a 1/4 c. leftover.  (which worked out good for a taste test :) even though it was too late to realize that 1 T. of pepper was too much for my liking, so I made recipe now to say 1/2 T.)


Here it is getting ready to boil
{I Think I Can}:  Vegetable Soup in the Pressure Cooker
I LOVE my Tupperware 12 qt stockpot, it worked PERFECT!


{I Think I Can}:  Vegetable Soup in the Pressure Cooker
Here's the first batch that came out of the pressure cooker...They all sealed!


It's crazy when I look at the 9 jars sitting there, how many hours of work it was & it doesn't seem like very much stuff...but it will REALLY make handy dinners in a dash this fall/winter.  Just add some ground beef, or left over pot roast, rice, or noodles, barley, &/or more tomato juice-be creative!






Thanks For Stopping By!  
While You're Here, Why Don't You Leave A Comment?  
Tell Me What You Think!  
Make sure to PIN it for later too!

1 comment:

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for leaving feedback, it's always appreciated! -Rhonda